Think you have what it takes to work in the UK’s most exciting energy supplier (who have THE cutest office dog)? Review the available roles below and get in touch!
Customer Service Agent
Fancy an exciting opportunity in a new, ethical and fast growing energy company?
People’s Energy is a green electricity and gas company based in Eskmills, Musselburgh. In a bid to challenge the Big 6”, we give people ownership and return the profits to customers! Read more here: www.peoplesenergy.co.uk
Due to our quick growth, we are looking for enthusiastic “people people” who are passionate about excellent customer service and would like to help our fresh and friendly team to:
- Answer customer telephone calls and enquiries
- Generate energy quotes for customers
- Help our customers to switch their energy over to us
- Provide overall excellent customer service to our loyal customers
- Administer customer accounts
- Work a variety of different tasks as part of a proactive service to our customers
Previous customer service experience is desirable, but you will be given full training so you have all the tools you need to own every query you receive from start to finish. Basic computer skills are essential. This is a real opportunity for you to learn lots of new skills and to be involved in building a company that offers something very different to people. It is a very exciting road ahead for us, and for you too, should you wish to join us!
Your work hours will include some evening work (till 8pm) and also some Saturday hours, as we develop. We are a ‘Living Wage’ accredited employer.
Interested? Call Tracey on 0131 285 5510 or drop us a note along with your CV to email@example.com
Data and Process Specialist
Process and Data Specialist – Energy Supply
- Want to work for a green, disruptive and ethical energy supplier?
- Keen to help make consumers’ experience better by ensuring registration processes run smoothly?
- Want an opportunity to learn and grow with a fast paced, development oriented company?
Then joining People’s Energy may be for you…
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a new green and ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Musselburgh near Edinburgh. We launched on 1 August 2017, and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple and fair solution for all customers. We give 75% of the profits back to customers, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
So far we have had great interest in what we are offering, with lots of people telling us that they have been waiting for someone to offer something that was truly different. We need to make sure customers maintain that sense of excitement. This requires all processes to work as smoothly as possible. This is where you come in – we need a person who is intelligent, enjoys finding solutions to problems by thinking laterally, likes processes, is tenacious when facing obstacles and keen to make things work well for the customer!
Your new role
The overall role of the Process and Data Specialist have two key objectives:
- Ensuring that customers experience a smooth transition from registering with People’s Energy to having their energy supply switched over
- Helping us forecast how much energy we will need to buy and create recommendations for trading
In both of these areas, you will be working with other members of the team. You will have the opportunity to learn a wealth of industry knowledge and skills. You would play a key part in giving our customers a fantastic on-boarding experience and helping us buy and sell energy at the best possible prices.
This is the perfect opportunity for a dedicated and passionate person with a strong intellect, an analytical and enquiring mindset, a keen interest in process and in driving improvement. If you are looking to fast-track your career with an energy provider that truly does care about the customer and their employees, then this role is worth serious consideration!
One of your core responsibilities will be to process accounts through to successful registration and “Live & Billable” account status. Most of what you will do in this role is time dependant and there are a lot of deadlines to meet – but the exciting part of that is to get great feedback from customers about how it is different to engage with People’s Energy because we care and are ‘on it’!
The other key responsibility is to help prepare energy trading scenarios and plan requirements for future trades.
Other responsibilities include:
- You will play a key role in living out the People’s Energy core values: Customers’ needs is what matters most to us. Their needs always come first, along with our employees’ needs (not faceless shareholders).
- You will work with the rest of the team to ensure registration data is ‘clean’ (this includes resolving potential conflicts in data we hold and customer details).
- You will process a range of industry data flows to request the transfer of energy supply for individual customer accounts.
- You will help manage and resolve ‘exceptions’, where things don’t go as anticipated. This also means working with external organisations and customers to resolve registration and billing queries and discrepancies.
- You will record detailed notes on our Customer Relationship Management system to make sure there is an effective handover to other teams or colleagues.
- You will use strong analytical skills and lateral thinking to interpret a wide range of data and news streams, to help anticipate future energy requirements and determine the best price points to buy or sell energy.
What you will need to succeed?
Ideally, you have experience from the energy industry, although we are interested in applicants also without energy experience. In addition, you have experience of analysing and processing data and working in a process driven environment. You will be a competent user of various computing software, primarily Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and particularly Excel where advanced experience is prefered). You are a strong problem solver who uses logic and lateral thinking to sort issues, also where the solution isn’t immediately obvious, demonstrating tenacity and determination to get to a solution. You don’t take no for an answer!
You know how to prioritise and structure your workload, and you are strong team player who is supportive of others and willing to get stuck in and help others out. Customers matter to you, and you have a clear desire to have a positive impact and create change in society. Finally, you will need, as a minimum, to have standard grades of Math and English.
What you will earn, and other benefits
Your salary will be determined in collaboration with you, depending on your previous experience. In addition, the role will give you the following added benefits:
- Ongoing energy industry training and career development: We are very committed to the talent in our organisation and provide development opportunities around the technical components of the role. You will also have access to 1:1 development coaching from one of our Directors. Being a new company, you will have opportunities to learn about and get involved in different areas of the business. This will give you more options in your future career.
- After successful completion of a probationary period, you will get an employer’s pension contribution of 5%.
- Holiday entitlement: 25 holidays + 8 public holidays.
How do I apply?
To apply, please send your cv with a covering e-mail to The People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want more information about the specific details of the role, please call the office (0131 285 5510) and ask to speak to David.