If you smell gas?
If you smell gas, call the National Grid for free on 0800 111 999, their lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What should you do if you smell gas?
· Do not light matches or cigarette lighters
· Do not turn light switches or anything electrical on or off
· Put out any naked flames such as candles
· Open all the doors and windows
· Turn off your gas supply at the meter (and leave it switched off until it is safe to put back on)
If you are off supply?
– If you are not receiving your gas please call National Grid on 0800 111 999
– During Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day, if you are off supply (not receiving gas or electricity) please call 0131 460 7007 (9am to 5pm). This is exclusively for customers off supply and staff will not be able to help with anything else.
Power cut or other electrical supply emergency?
-Please call 105, their lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who will direct you to your DNO (Distribution Network Operator) who will be able to help.
-You can also find out who your DNO is through this link http://www.energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-network-operator.html